Directed by Johannes Roberts. Written by Roberts and Ernest Riera. Starring Mandy Moore, Claire Holt and Matthew Modine.
Plot: 2 sisters vacationing in Mexico become trapped in a shark cage at the bottom of the ocean
It’s a shark movie. If you want a big explanation you should look elsewhere. Because it’s a shark movie. It’s about people who are hunted by a shark, just like every other shark movie. Although, I will say that this one has a lot better acting than most shark movies (aside from Jaws, of course). The specials were also pretty magnificent. It never looked superimposed although I’m sure parts were.
For some reason, there’s a large portion of people that either didn’t understand or didn’t like the ending. To that I say, phooey. It was a realistic ending. Really realistic. And if you don’t understand it, you may need help tying your shoes, too.
We both recommend this one. It was an entertaining movie.
I suppose I could list my favorite movies here, but instead I'll give you a strange glimpse into what makes me TaraRomero.
1. My favorite place in the world is Atlantic City. The food, the smells, the beach - I love it all.
2. I am particularly good at crafting. Especially scrapbooking and cross-stitch.
3. I am mixed. My dad is black and my mom is white. I'm very proud of both sides of myself.
4. My favorite food is either the cheesesteak or the hoagie. Not the sub, not the grinder, the hoagie. Totally different experience.
5. I have a number of pen pals I write snail mail to. We exchange stickers and little gifts sometimes, too. I have an extensive sticker collection.
6. I just reconnected with my father after 15+ years. It's going great so far. I've missed him.
7. My brother is my best friend, hence the reason we do this together.
8. I don't have a favorite book. I like too many to have a favorite. But Paul Zindel is my favorite author. Stephen King and Jane Austen are close seconds. I know, eclectic.
9. I'm not very religious at all. I consider myself agnostic.
10. I would say that my most prized possessions are my dogs, but I don't consider them possessions. I consider them people. They are my people.
View all posts by TaraRomero