Directed by Ruairi Robinson. Written by Clive Dawson (based on the short story, “The Animators”, by Sydney J. Bounds. Starring Liev Screiber, Elias Koteas, Romola Garai, Goran Kostic, Johnny Harris, Tom Cullen, Yusra Warsama and Olivia Williams.
Plot: people on Mars find life in the form of a bacteria that infects people and turns them into crazy, zombie types.
This unoriginal plot introduces us to a Martian research base, where eight people are about to conclude their mission. But of course, they find some bacteria that originally causes two of their disappearances only for them to later reappear as fast, miraculously strong zombies. For being a zombie movie, it’s also very psychological. And it’s creepy as hell in parts. Also, everyone is up for grabs in this movie, so get attached to no one because I did and it didn’t work out too well for me.
Bad things about this movie: there was no point. People aren’t always likable. There’s no Freddy Claws. It’s not truly fun to watch. I mean, it’s interesting, but not fun. And the ending sucks. Good things about this movie: the cast was amazing. The effects were stunning. I think it honestly had a lot going for it, but it just lost it in the end.
I suppose I could list my favorite movies here, but instead I'll give you a strange glimpse into what makes me TaraRomero.
1. My favorite place in the world is Atlantic City. The food, the smells, the beach - I love it all.
2. I am particularly good at crafting. Especially scrapbooking and cross-stitch.
3. I am mixed. My dad is black and my mom is white. I'm very proud of both sides of myself.
4. My favorite food is either the cheesesteak or the hoagie. Not the sub, not the grinder, the hoagie. Totally different experience.
5. I have a number of pen pals I write snail mail to. We exchange stickers and little gifts sometimes, too. I have an extensive sticker collection.
6. I just reconnected with my father after 15+ years. It's going great so far. I've missed him.
7. My brother is my best friend, hence the reason we do this together.
8. I don't have a favorite book. I like too many to have a favorite. But Paul Zindel is my favorite author. Stephen King and Jane Austen are close seconds. I know, eclectic.
9. I'm not very religious at all. I consider myself agnostic.
10. I would say that my most prized possessions are my dogs, but I don't consider them possessions. I consider them people. They are my people.
View all posts by TaraRomero