starring Clare Grant, Jillian Murray, Tony Todd, Bill Moseley and Amanda Wyss
Plot: Megan and Abby Graves go on a road trip and end up in a hellish place called Skull City
This is pretty low budget but not in an unwatchable way. It starts off a bit fast though with the girls running for their lives about 10 minutes in and that made at least some of the movie drag for my sister and we are guessing some others out there too. Me on the other-hand did not mind watching the cat and mouse of it all.
After a little while the movie starts to explain the why of everything though by then Tara was already annoyed and rooting against the girls. Overall it wasn’t entirely original, but did have a good overall message, even so Tara said she would rather watch Children of the Corn, I do not concur.
I liked both girls and the motive and found it to be pretty re-watchable. The whole movie has a decent cast and we both love Tony and Bill. I also follow the writer director Brian Pulido occasionally in the comic book medium, he is quite active and often has projects of his own and backs the projects of others on crowd funding sites.
Tara is kind of on the fence overall with this one and gave it a score of 41/100, I however doubled her up and gave the Graves an 82/100 so I definitely recommend it but my sis doesn’t really.
10 Things That Make Me DJVoorhees.
1. My favorite food is pepperoni pizza. From the East Coast of course.
2. My most prized possession is a replica of the Hellraiser puzzle box. My sister haggled the price for me, but she still doesn't like touching the thing.
3. My dream job would be to nurse and rehabilitate wild animals.
4. My favorite comic books of all time follow the X-Men. I can never pick just one title.
5. My dream house would be all one story, have a huge back yard for my dogs, 2 coy ponds, a panic system, a solar array, a game room, a movie theatre, 3 different kitchens, an indoor swimming pool and a giant wall surrounding the whole damn thing.
6. If I could have magical powers I'd want something involving matter manipulation. I could do something small like remove a freckle or do something huge like throwing a massive planet at someone.
7. "Pale Blue Eyes" by The Velvet Underground is currently my favorite song.
8. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd start building that big old dream house I was talking about.
9. Creepy, sickly, old women scare me. Think "Zelda" from Pet Sematary, "Mrs. Kersh" from IT, and "The Countess" from Black Sabbath.
10. My first pet ever was a bunny named Buffy. Yes, after the vampire slayer. The movie, not the show.
View all posts by DJVoorhees13