Starring Elizabeth Lail, Jordan Calloway, Tabitha Aliens Bateman, P.J. Byrne, Peter Facinelli, Tichina Arnold, Matt Letscher, Anne Winters, Dillon Lane, Charlie McDermott and Tom Segura
Plot: a group of idiots download an app that accurately tells it’s users how long they have to live
I consider this a tech influenced supernatural update, retelling riff of Final Destination movies. I know you may think final destination was supernatural, and it was… Sort of. This movie though has an actual entity behind all the death not just a “force”. I also actually enjoyed this more than any of them.
There are plenty of morons, I personally think it takes stupidity to download an app like that. Some people don’t think and others seem to enjoy thumbing their noses at things. A false bravado sometimes if not outright hypocrisy.
I did genuinely like some of the people. I was rooting for a few. The characters were well written and the acting is really good. Things flow well, believable, realistic. The special effects are convincing. The script is well crafted and brought to life with terrific direction. I find the story engaging and I liked the ending. It followed rules and I liked the motive.
Overall this movie is creepy and interesting. Tara liked it with a score of 59, I nearly loved it with a 78
10 Things That Make Me DJVoorhees.
1. My favorite food is pepperoni pizza. From the East Coast of course.
2. My most prized possession is a replica of the Hellraiser puzzle box. My sister haggled the price for me, but she still doesn't like touching the thing.
3. My dream job would be to nurse and rehabilitate wild animals.
4. My favorite comic books of all time follow the X-Men. I can never pick just one title.
5. My dream house would be all one story, have a huge back yard for my dogs, 2 coy ponds, a panic system, a solar array, a game room, a movie theatre, 3 different kitchens, an indoor swimming pool and a giant wall surrounding the whole damn thing.
6. If I could have magical powers I'd want something involving matter manipulation. I could do something small like remove a freckle or do something huge like throwing a massive planet at someone.
7. "Pale Blue Eyes" by The Velvet Underground is currently my favorite song.
8. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd start building that big old dream house I was talking about.
9. Creepy, sickly, old women scare me. Think "Zelda" from Pet Sematary, "Mrs. Kersh" from IT, and "The Countess" from Black Sabbath.
10. My first pet ever was a bunny named Buffy. Yes, after the vampire slayer. The movie, not the show.
View all posts by DJVoorhees13