Written by Rocky Soraya, Riheam Junianti and Fajar Umbara
Directed by Rocky Soraya
Starring Jessica Mila, Bianca Hello, Denny Sumargo, Citra Prima and Epy Kusnandar
Plot: Abel is seeing the dead all around her, so her exasperated and skeptical sister Alia goes to a psychic for help, but that doesn’t turn out the way she expects
We found this one day on Netflix and are glad we did. At it’s heart, this ghostly horror movie is a story about the bond between siblings. Tara and I being siblings enjoy these kinda movies, when they are done right, which this one is.
The story is very well-constructed and it follows rules. The characters are mostly likable and well acted. Realistic overall, not good on Freddy Claws. We dig jump scares and there are nice ones here. I loved the effects and the opening, Tara loved the ending.
If you enjoy ghost stories, if you like stories where characters have each other’s backs and movies that maybe make ya feel something then this is for you. We both recommend it, Tara rated it a 69 and I gave it a 77, yup nearly loved it.
10 Things That Make Me DJVoorhees.
1. My favorite food is pepperoni pizza. From the East Coast of course.
2. My most prized possession is a replica of the Hellraiser puzzle box. My sister haggled the price for me, but she still doesn't like touching the thing.
3. My dream job would be to nurse and rehabilitate wild animals.
4. My favorite comic books of all time follow the X-Men. I can never pick just one title.
5. My dream house would be all one story, have a huge back yard for my dogs, 2 coy ponds, a panic system, a solar array, a game room, a movie theatre, 3 different kitchens, an indoor swimming pool and a giant wall surrounding the whole damn thing.
6. If I could have magical powers I'd want something involving matter manipulation. I could do something small like remove a freckle or do something huge like throwing a massive planet at someone.
7. "Pale Blue Eyes" by The Velvet Underground is currently my favorite song.
8. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd start building that big old dream house I was talking about.
9. Creepy, sickly, old women scare me. Think "Zelda" from Pet Sematary, "Mrs. Kersh" from IT, and "The Countess" from Black Sabbath.
10. My first pet ever was a bunny named Buffy. Yes, after the vampire slayer. The movie, not the show.
View all posts by DJVoorhees13