Written by Peter Atkins, Directed by Kevin Yagher and Starring Doug Bradley, Adam Scott and Courtland Mead
Plot: We learn the history of the box and then we have cenobites in space, which by the way would’ve made a killer title.
What you think of as pain is a shadow. Pain has a face. Allow me to show it to you. Gentlemen, I… Am… Pain — Pinhead
First of all I love the chatter beast, look at him, so cute…i mean vicious, yea, grr. Moving on, great new cenobites all around. Tara didn’t like that Pinhead hurt two of them since they appeared innocent but hell could technically stay open in this one because of Le Marchant, so I think anyone is “fair” game. Pinhead is trying to make the opening/connection forever and Le Marchants descendant is trying to destroy him.
Great nasty parts, kills and transformations. Tara and I disagreed on the rules of the movie, I liked them, she didn’t. I loved the Pinhead dialogue, “I am so exquisitely empty”, chills. did i mention the year is 2127? Yea, so prepare for the future!!! Which is in some cases less advanced than some stuff we already have but hey time travel movies, what are ya gonna do? Good effects, motive and innovation. Tara liked the ending, I thought it was meh. we both liked it, Tara with a 53/100 and i gave it a 67/100, if you are a big fan of the franchise, you should like this one.
10 Things That Make Me DJVoorhees.
1. My favorite food is pepperoni pizza. From the East Coast of course.
2. My most prized possession is a replica of the Hellraiser puzzle box. My sister haggled the price for me, but she still doesn't like touching the thing.
3. My dream job would be to nurse and rehabilitate wild animals.
4. My favorite comic books of all time follow the X-Men. I can never pick just one title.
5. My dream house would be all one story, have a huge back yard for my dogs, 2 coy ponds, a panic system, a solar array, a game room, a movie theatre, 3 different kitchens, an indoor swimming pool and a giant wall surrounding the whole damn thing.
6. If I could have magical powers I'd want something involving matter manipulation. I could do something small like remove a freckle or do something huge like throwing a massive planet at someone.
7. "Pale Blue Eyes" by The Velvet Underground is currently my favorite song.
8. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd start building that big old dream house I was talking about.
9. Creepy, sickly, old women scare me. Think "Zelda" from Pet Sematary, "Mrs. Kersh" from IT, and "The Countess" from Black Sabbath.
10. My first pet ever was a bunny named Buffy. Yes, after the vampire slayer. The movie, not the show.
View all posts by DJVoorhees13