Written by Huck Botko and Andrew Gurland. Directed by Daniel Stamm. Starring Ashley Bell and Patrick Fabian.
Plot: A minister who no longer believes in exorcism, agrees to have his last one recorded. He wants to make a little money and prove that exorcism is fake.
I wanted to like this movie but apparently the filmmakers didn’t care so they made it like this. The first half of the movie was all about setting a mood with an intro and story. Then 30 minutes of a girl being freaky. If you dislike animal harm as much as my sister does then this movie will piss you off.
The end comes as a slap in the face because it tries to be a totally different movie in the last 2 minutes!! The “shock and awe” ending only succeeds in inducing eye rolls and “what the fucks”.
A list of goods…Actors, idea, effects…but they screwed it up. We personally do not consider this a horror movie, more of a weak thriller with some really gross parts. Do not eat while watching! This wasn’t worth the dollar we spent on it at Redbox! The verdict is…skip it, we both gave it a 20/100. In the words of a couple of great critics…
10 Things That Make Me DJVoorhees.
1. My favorite food is pepperoni pizza. From the East Coast of course.
2. My most prized possession is a replica of the Hellraiser puzzle box. My sister haggled the price for me, but she still doesn't like touching the thing.
3. My dream job would be to nurse and rehabilitate wild animals.
4. My favorite comic books of all time follow the X-Men. I can never pick just one title.
5. My dream house would be all one story, have a huge back yard for my dogs, 2 coy ponds, a panic system, a solar array, a game room, a movie theatre, 3 different kitchens, an indoor swimming pool and a giant wall surrounding the whole damn thing.
6. If I could have magical powers I'd want something involving matter manipulation. I could do something small like remove a freckle or do something huge like throwing a massive planet at someone.
7. "Pale Blue Eyes" by The Velvet Underground is currently my favorite song.
8. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd start building that big old dream house I was talking about.
9. Creepy, sickly, old women scare me. Think "Zelda" from Pet Sematary, "Mrs. Kersh" from IT, and "The Countess" from Black Sabbath.
10. My first pet ever was a bunny named Buffy. Yes, after the vampire slayer. The movie, not the show.
View all posts by DJVoorhees13