Starring Emile Hirsch, Brian Cox, Olwen Kelly, Ophelia Lovibond, Michael McElhatton, Jane Perry and Parker Sawyers
Plot: father and son coroners experience supernatural phenomenon while examining the body of a young woman
This horror movie is part murder mystery, ask anyone that knows me and they’ll tell you I don’t care much for mysteries but the story in this is very engaging. At times tragic and often terrifying. We spend a lot of time learning more about “Jane Doe”. Things progress down a weird road that gets more and more unsettling and creepy.
The characters are likable, the acting is great. The effects are really well done. The director out everything together beautifully. Not hugely rewatchable or even that easy to watch the first time, though I found it easier to watch than Tara. Harder to watch alone. I also liked the motive and the ending more than Tara. We both liked the cooperation in the movie.
Overall Tara liked it with a score of 57 and I really dug this original idea and gave it a 75
10 Things That Make Me DJVoorhees.
1. My favorite food is pepperoni pizza. From the East Coast of course.
2. My most prized possession is a replica of the Hellraiser puzzle box. My sister haggled the price for me, but she still doesn't like touching the thing.
3. My dream job would be to nurse and rehabilitate wild animals.
4. My favorite comic books of all time follow the X-Men. I can never pick just one title.
5. My dream house would be all one story, have a huge back yard for my dogs, 2 coy ponds, a panic system, a solar array, a game room, a movie theatre, 3 different kitchens, an indoor swimming pool and a giant wall surrounding the whole damn thing.
6. If I could have magical powers I'd want something involving matter manipulation. I could do something small like remove a freckle or do something huge like throwing a massive planet at someone.
7. "Pale Blue Eyes" by The Velvet Underground is currently my favorite song.
8. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd start building that big old dream house I was talking about.
9. Creepy, sickly, old women scare me. Think "Zelda" from Pet Sematary, "Mrs. Kersh" from IT, and "The Countess" from Black Sabbath.
10. My first pet ever was a bunny named Buffy. Yes, after the vampire slayer. The movie, not the show.
View all posts by DJVoorhees13